Southwest REACH Center
As a division of GSDC, the REACH Center offers a wide range of housing and financial services to community residents. The REACH Center offers housing counseling services; financial coaching services; and small accessible repairs for seniors. To meet with a REACH Center staff member, you must make an appointment. Please contact their office at 773-735-6727 x 201. REACH Center offices are located on the second floor of Marquette Bank at 6155 S. Pulaski Rd. Chicago, IL 60629.
Hey! Have you heard the news? We’re hiring at the REACH Center. Check out the position here.
Housing Counseling Services
First-time homebuyer classes
- Comprehensive information regarding long-term home ownership, mortgage and lending options and the home buying process
- Homebuyer Education Classes March 2018
- Homebuyer Education Classes April 2018
- Homebuyer Education Classes May 2018
- In-depth one-on-one counseling prior to the purchase of a home to help evaluate your mortgage readiness
- One-on-one counseling to review and help you understand down payment assistance programs available to low-to moderate income households
- One-on-one counseling to review and help you understand your current mortgage situation and explore other options
Foreclosure Prevention counseling:
- In-depth and comprehensive services to help keep your home, including assistance negotiating with your lender.
If you are at risk of foreclosure or are having trouble paying your mortgage, visit the Governor’s Illinois Foreclosure Prevention Network website at www.keepyourhomeillinois.org The Network is a free, one-stop resource that links homeowners to state agencies and non-profit organizations that offer services designed to keep people in their homes. This includes the homeownership counseling or free legal advice offered by this agency as well as other help including temporary mortgage assistance.
Financial Coaching Services
Financial counselors will help you:
- Analyze and help you understand your financial situation
- Assist in creating a household budget
- Review your credit report and credit score
- Develop a plan to settle collection accounts
- Help you achieve your financial goals to set your family on the road to financial success
Small Accessible Repairs for Seniors (SARFS)
Home Repair for eligible seniors 60 years of age or older, Greater Southwest Development Corporation (GSDC) is a delegate agency for the City of Chicago Department of Housing and Economic Development for the Small Accessible Repairs for Seniors (SARFS) program. We currently serve Chicago wards 13, 14, 15, 18, and 23. On-site inspections will be done to determine services needed.
Repairs can include:
- Door repairs and/or replacements, grab bar installation, handrail installation, toilet, vanities, faucets, carbon monoxide, fire extinguisher, smoke detector and bathroom/kitchen modifications for accessibility
- Read more about how to qualify
Poder / English Classes
- Receive high-caliber instructions in a class devoted to learning English so you have a better chance at finding the right job opportunity for you. Please visit poderworks.org for additional information about their classes.
Psst … Do you want to make your voice heard or give an opinion about how technology is used in your community? Check out the Community Technology Forums.