Southwest REACH Center
As a division of GSDC, the REACH Center offers a wide range of housing and financial services to community residents. The REACH Center offers housing counseling services; financial coaching services; and small accessible repairs for seniors. To meet with a REACH Center staff member, you must make an appointment. Please contact their office at 773-735-6727. REACH Center offices are located on the second floor of Marquette Bank at 6155 S. Pulaski Rd. Chicago, IL 60629.
Hey! Have you heard the news? We’re hiring at the REACH Center. Check out the position here.
Housing Counseling Services
First-time homebuyer classes
- Comprehensive information regarding long-term home ownership, mortgage and lending options and the home buying process
- In-depth one-on-one counseling prior to the purchase of a home to help evaluate your mortgage readiness
- One-on-one counseling to review and help you understand down payment assistance programs available to low-to moderate income households
- One-on-one counseling to review and help you understand your current mortgage situation and explore other options
Foreclosure Prevention counseling:
- In-depth and comprehensive services to help keep your home, including assistance negotiating with your lender.
Financial Coaching Services
Financial counselors will help you:
- Analyze and help you understand your financial situation
- Assist in creating a household budget
- Review your credit report and credit score
- Develop a plan to settle collection accounts
- Help you achieve your financial goals to set your family on the road to financial success
Small Accessible Repairs for Seniors (SARFS)
Home Repair for eligible seniors 60 years of age or older, Greater Southwest Development Corporation (GSDC) is a delegate agency for the City of Chicago Department of Housing and Economic Development for the Small Accessible Repairs for Seniors (SARFS) program. We currently serve Chicago wards 13, 14, 15, 18, and 23. On-site inspections will be done to determine services needed.
Repairs can include:
- Door repairs and/or replacements, grab bar installation, handrail installation, toilet, vanities, faucets, carbon monoxide, fire extinguisher, smoke detector and bathroom/kitchen modifications for accessibility
- Read more about how to qualify